Japanese vegetarian cooking class, April 27

  • Philip Gelb
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      my monthly cooking class continues

      a hands on class with all the students creating and consuming all the
      dishes. These classes are very fun and quite popular. A great way to
      learn how to create new and wonderful dishes and to meet new people.

      Sunday, April 27
      noon
      limited space for 8
      $40 per person
      location: West Oakland

      Japanese flavors
      -ochazuke (a soup made with brown rice, umeboshi (pickled plum)
      Kaiware (daikon sprouts), toasted sesame seeds and wakame (seaweed).
      Stock made from tea, kombu and shitake
      -carrot/beet/daikon salad
      -dandelion greens w/ walnut miso dressing
      -tofu steaks w/ mushrooms and snow peas
      -green tea ice "cream" (a cashew based ice cream)

      for more information or to reserve your space, 510 393 6096 or
      phil@...

      Philip Gelb is a reknowned vegan chef with his own personal chef/
      catering business, In the Mood for Food. He has been offering these
      very popular cooking classes for 2 years. Recently was featured in
      Oakbook and the East Bay monthly for his highly innovating approach
      to vegan cuisine.
      myspace.com/inthemoodforfood

      Philip Gelb
      vegetarian chef