world veg day publicity

  • Janet Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2003
      Dear Friends,

      Hello, I'm helping with SF Vegetarian Society to do publicity for World Vegetarian Day, which happens on Sat. Oct. 4 at the San Francisco County Fair Bldg. (Hall of Flowers), 9th & Lincoln, in Golden Gate Park. We've moved to a new venue this year (last year we were at Fort Mason) and extended the hours from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The day's activities will feature guest speakers (John Robbins, John McDougall, Alan Goldhammer, and more), cooking demonstrations (vegan breakfast, Ethiopian and more), food vendors, product vendors, entertainment, a compassionate fashion show and an evening dance with music and DJ. It's our 4th annual World Vegetarian Day and our 35th anniversary, so we have a lot to celebrate!

      In addition to the calendar sections of newspapers & public service announcements on radio & TV, I'd like to approach newspaper and magazine editors, tv and radio talk show hosts re: getting some of our guest speakers & chefs on their show. Or asking newspapers to write about our guests and tell readers about World Vegetarian Day. Our event touches so many aspects of our lives: healthful eating, delicious food, compassion to animals, sustainable agriculture, environment, etc. that I'm sure we could generate interest in the local media.

      Do you know of any newspaper writers or columnists which might be interested in interviewing any of our featured guests? Any talk shows you watch or listen to where news of our event might be of interest to its audience? If you do, please let me know and I'll contact the person or place. If you personally know any of these media or press folks, please let me know if I can mention your name. Knowing the right person helps a lot in publicizing events. As Dixie Mahy, president of SFVS says: "World Vegetarian Day is for everyone. We'd like to invite people to come and try our delicious food and learn about vegetarianism and have a good time!"

      Thanks for any suggestions and ideas you might have in getting word out about World Vegetarian Day on Saturday, October 4. Please write me at: <janettom@...>.

      Take care,

      Janet

      Check out the new EudoraMail at