SFVS: Potluck & Free DVD Screening "A Sacred Duty"

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2008
      Saturday, February 9: Socializing & Appetizers 6:00 p.m.; Dining 6:30
      p.m.; Video 8:00 p.m.
      IOA, 3600 Geary Boulevard, between Palm & Arguello, San Francisco
      MUNI #38 with East Bay connection at Trans Bay Terminal
      or BART at Montgomery Exit
      Following the potluck, the documentary, "A Sacred Duty," promoting
      vegetarianism, produced by Jewish Vegetarians of North America and
      multi-award winning filmmaker, $1 suggested donation for members &
      their guests with food; $2 for non-members with food. Add $8 to each
      category without food.
      Lionel Friedberg, will be presented. The film is a response to
      global warming showing how religious responses can make a major
      difference and how a plant-based diet is an essential part of any
      effort to reduce global climate change and other environmental
      threats. It also challenges people to consider the many moral issues
      related to our diets. Although it was produced for a Jewish
      audience, it speaks to people everywhere about the ethics of our
      relationship to the natural world in which we live. SFVS does not
      endorse any religion but the documentary also contains secular
      interviews and information relevant to our environment.
      Dan Brook, Ph.D., sociology instructor at San Jose State University,
      and SFVS member, will make a presentation before and after the film.

      Thanks

      Dixie Mahy
      President
      San Francisco Vegetarian Society