soymilk bottling (was: how to recycle tetrapaks?}

  • walnutshakes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      I looked up bottled soymilk to see if i could buy some locally. Instead I
      found an interesting business idea:

      There is one company in India with only about 2O employees delivering
      bottled soymilk to Eurpoe AND No America! Check out their personnel profile!!

      _http://www.alibaba.com/company/10523530.html#companyprofile_
      (http://www.alibaba.com/company/10523530.html#companyprofile)

      Some US veggies should start a business. Any group who wanted to get
      together and MAKE hemp milk, soymilk, whatever, in glass bottles and deliver to
      Starbucks. Then starbucks could return the bottles for exchange/refill at the
      next delivery. Just like old time milk delivery. Could you imagine the
      envronmental impact!!?? There is such a market for green stuff right now! I know I'm
      not up to starting a business on that scale, but I would certainly be a
      customer if they would sell bottled soymilk to individuals.

      Karel

      In a message dated 1/31/2008 3:29:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
      rhonhern@... writes:

      I was in Starbucks when I read these correspondences email.

      According to their District Manager, who happened to be there at the time,
      there has been an acknowledgment by Corporate Seattle of this issue. Their
      soymilk is from "Silk" and they go through thousands of these non-recyclable
      containers daily. Because Starbucks is green-inclined they are attempting to
      encourage their contractor to consider packaging alternatives.

      48)