Slaughterhouse Exposed

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2008
      Here is a news item from Dixie Mahy, President SFVS

      Reporter Dan Noyes of the ITeam exposed the inhumane policies of
      Westland Meat Co with video tapings from an undercover agent from the
      HSUS that was aired on the 11 o'clock news Wednesday eve, January 30th
      2008. The explicit video showed downed cows being dragged and prodded
      to their slaughter because they were too weak to walk. In addition to
      the inhumane treatment of these animals, their meat would not be very
      healthy and could contain e-coli, salmonella, and even mad cow diseases.

      If you missed the segment, you can view it on: ABC7News.Com.

      Congratulations to Wayne Pacelle, President of HSUS, for sponsoring
      the filming and Dan Noyes for airing the segment.

      Dan Noyes received an award from SFVS and UUFETA two years ago for his
      animal cruelty investigations re: cruelty to ducks and pate which
      brought awareness to the dining public of the inhumane practices
      involved in creating this gourmet treat.

      UPDATE:
      Jack O'Connell State Superintendent of Ed. has suspended the use of
      beef in all of the state schools purchased from Westland Meat Co.
      because of their use of downed cows in their slaughterhouse. The
      update was aired on ABC News TV at 11 p.m. on Jan 31 as a followup of
      the filmed expose' featured Jan 30. The reason given was not the
      inhumane treatment of the animals but the use of their meat which may
      be diseased. More information may be seen on their web site:
      ABC7News.Com.
      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society
    • sunny_outdoors
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2008
        The link was already posted by me on Feb 3

        http://iteamblog.abc7news.com/2008/01/slaughterhouse.html

        here it is, so you don't have to dig it up