Re: [SFVeg] recycling soymilk containers?

  • yarrow@sfo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
      AFAIK, City of Palo Alto still takes them at the recycling center at
      the east end of Embarcadero Rd. They collect tetrapaks and the
      traditional waxy-paper soymilk containers in the same bin. I haven't
      dropped these off myself recently, but my household has been
      collecting them and then dropping them off whenever we're in the
      neighborhood.

      However, that recycling center is slated to close (or else become
      much smaller) at the end of the year. Last I heard, it's mostly
      moving to Sunnyvale, and I don't know if Sunnyvale accepts all the
      items that PA does.

      Palo Alto takes a much more limited list of items for curbside pickup.

      At 12:15 PM -0800 1/31/08, Marin Thompson wrote:
      This is also a problem here in San Francisco. I contacted Sunset
      Scavenger Recycling service and was very surprised to hear they
      didn't take them.

      I feel guilty having to throw them away!

      I would also love to know where in the bay area they can be taken.
      Does anyone know?

      <mailto:walnutshakes%40aol.com>walnutshakes@... wrote:
      Anyone know if we can recycle soymilk containers in Hayward/Alameda County?
      Ive gotten mixed answers from sanitation here. Ive been throwing them in the
      garbage because of the aluminum paper inside and the plastic lid.
      thanks for any info
      karel