EarthSave Event Thursday - Reduce Cancer Risk

  • Jill Harrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2004
      EarthSave's Next Meeting is a Free Event THIS THURSDAY, March 25 in Mill Valley:
      Reduce Your Risk of Cancer: A Panel Discussion
      Thursday, March 25, 7:15 - 9:15 PM
      at the Mill Valley Community Center
      Mountain View Room, Second Floor
      (180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley)

      There are things we can do to reduce our risk of getting cancer or a recurrence of cancer, but most people don't know what they are. We have convened a panel of experts to help explain the power of our lifestyle choices to reduce our risk.

      We are pleased to present Joseph Keon, Ph.D., author of THE TRUTH ABOUT BREAST CANCER; Meredith McCarty, founder and director of HEALING CUISINE; and Natalie Ledesma, M.S., R.D., dietitian for the UCSF Cancer Resource Center. This is a free event.

      Snacks will be provided. If you have volunteered to help prepare healthy snacks please arrive with the food on serving plates or in serving bowls at 6:45. Otherwise, please arrive at 7:10. We expect a large crowd and want you to get a good seat!

      Raffle tickets will be sold before the panel discussion begins, and prizes will be awarded at the end of the evening at 9:00. Among the terrific raffle prizes are gift baskets from Whole Foods and OrganicBouquet; a gift certificate for dinner at Millennium Restaurant; a gift certificate from Burrous Brothers Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning; a gift certificate for VeganUnlimited.com; beautiful cookbooks from Roxanne's and from Millennium; signed books by our panelists; a subscription to VegNews, a "tamale party" from Donna's Tamales, and more. Raffle tickets are $2 each or 6 for $10.

      Hope to see you there!
      For more information, call Patti: 415-459-1666