Jewish Community Tu B'shvat Seder in SF, Jan. 22nd

  • judithrg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2008
      Bay Area Eco Tu B'shvat Seder

      Time: 6:30 Doors, 7:00 seder begins
      Date: Tu B'shvat night, Tuesday, January 22, 2008
      Location: the Potrero Hill Neighborhood House, 953 De Haro St, San Francisco
      Price: $10 in advance, $12 at the door.

      New Year. New Vision. Emerge from your winter sleep and start a new cycle as we
      celebrate Tu B'Shvat, the Jewish New Year for the Trees. Join us as we reinterpret this
      mystical ritual and raise our consciousness with an eco-friendly eco-kosher* seder.

      This seder will include fruits and nuts, wine, and other delectable earthly delights. We'll
      celebrate the many gifts that trees have to offer during this evening of discussion, singing,
      and of course eating. Whether you've never been to a Tu B'shvat Seder before or go every
      year, you are not going to want to miss this one--it will be 100% beginner-friendly, will
      feature fabulous seder leaders who will inspire you to take action, and our feast of exotic
      fruits will be an unforgettable treat!

      Please RSVP so we can plan accordingly! Please note Emanu-El is handling registration but
      this is a community event planned by the partner organizations below.

      We are attempting to make this a zero waste event. People who bring their own reusable
      cup, plate and silverware will receive a $2 refund at the door. (Compostable dishware will
      also be available).

      Co-sponsored by American Jewish World Service and AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps
      Alumni Partnership, The Hub at the JCCSF, Young Adult Community and Environmental
      Committee at Congregation Emanu-El, ADAMAH alumni, EcoJews of the Bay, New Israel
      Fund's New Generations and other nature loving friends

      Partner Organizations: La'atid Chapter of Hadassah, Young Adults Division of the Jewish
      Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties; Tuv
      Ha'Aretz at Chochmat HaLev and JCCSF, Jewish National Fund, Young Leadership Division
      of the Jewish Community Federation of the Greater East Bay.

      *Wine, juice and all packaged foods will have a hechsher, produce will be purchased from
      local and organic sources whenever possible.

      Public Transportation: From Civic Center BART/MUNI, board bus #19 at 8th & Market (SW
      corner). Get off at Rhode Island and Southern Heights. Walk one block uphill to 953 De
      Haro St. at Southern Heights Ave.

      Questions? Contact Jeff Levy at jeff.levy@... or Adina Allen at
      adina.allen@... 415-751-2535