Calling all Californians: help end cruelty to farm animals

  • Scott Munson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Trouble with links or images? Want to share this email? Use this link:
      https://community.hsus.org/humane/notice-description.tcl?
      newsletter_id=18256456

      Watch our new campaign video then sign up to be a part of this
      important effort.
      Your help is urgently needed to end three of the worst abuses animals
      endure on factory farms!

      Thousands of California citizens are volunteering their time to
      collect 650,000 signatures from other Californians to place the
      Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty Act on the November 2008 ballot.

      This common-sense ballot measure will reduce a tremendous amount of
      suffering and intensive confinement. It requires that animals be able
      to turn around and extend their limbs, meaning that it would prohibit
      battery cages for egg-laying hens, veal crates for calves, and
      gestation crates for breeding pigs. Please take a moment to check out
      a new campaign video about this historic initiative.

      We still need to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures before
      the end of February! But we can only do this with your active
      participation!

      As a California resident and voter, you can volunteer to help place
      this critically important measure on the ballot. We really need your
      help. Will you help us and volunteer to collect signatures to help
      us reach our goal?

      It's simple, fun, and rewarding -- and this measure alone will reduce
      the misery that 20 million farm animals endure in the state in
      cramped cages and crates on factory farms. And please also tell your
      friends and family how they can get involved in the signature
      gathering effort. If you are already a volunteer, thank you! If you
      haven't been involved, now is the time!

      With your help, we can win an enormously significant victory for farm
      animals in California.

      Sincerely,

      Wayne Pacelle
      President & CEO
      The Humane Society of the United States

      P.S. Please make sure to check out HumaneCalifornia.org for more
      information on this important campaign.

      Copyright © 2007 The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). All
      Rights Reserved.
      The Humane Society of the United States | 2100 L Street, NW |
      Washington, DC 20037
      humanesociety@... | 202-452-1100 | humanesociety.org