about the rising food prices

  • walnutshakes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2007
      good news, maybe:

      my friends' family runs a hops farm in Washingotn state. About 85% of the
      plant is discarded or mulched and used for fertilizer after you use the small
      berries to make beer.
      A bunch of neighboring farmers are getting together resources to investigate
      turning hops into biofuel and they are reporting that it looks promising.
      keep your fingers crossed. Wouldnt it be great if we could find a lot of
      non-food plants like that that are wasted anyway and turn them into fuel? What else
      is out there?