creating nut mylk, and raw brownies & choc ice cream

  • walnutshakes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007
      I didnt know what the "nut mylk" recipe was that Jillian referred to (see
      below for her pine nut mylk recipe.yum!}

      so I googled "nut mylk" and got this page:
      _http://www.rawguru.com/i15.html_ (http://www.rawguru.com/i15.html)

      Create nut mylk with 3 C nuts, 3 C water. Blend and strain Use: almond,
      brazil, macadamia, walnut, pecans or fresh mature coconut

      check out these two yummy recipes, to boot! Enjoy! -Karel

      I hear you like raw chocolate, got any favorite recipes?
      Raw Cacao is an amazing food. My favorite has to be:

      Really Raw Chocolate Ice Cream
      Phase 2, serves 6
      Part 1: Coconut Cream

      In a blender:
      3 C Coconut pulp*
      3 C Coconut water*
      Blend into a creamy consistency

      Part 2: The Flavors
      1 C raw cacao powder
      ½ C Agave nectar
      ½ C coconut butter
      2 t salt

      Blend separately in a high-speed blender: coconut butter, agave and cacao
      powder until it forms a very smooth texture. Blend the coconut cream with the
      flavors mixture and salt. Pour this mixture into an ice cream maker and follow
      manufacturers instructions. Or freeze and process through a champion juicer.

      awesome), mesquite, sweet spices, orange peel, vanilla

      *Various Options if no young coconut available:
      Create nut mylk with 3 C nuts, 3 C water. Blend and strain Use: almond,
      brazil, macadamia, walnut, pecans or fresh mature coconut

      And:

      Chocolate brownies
      phase 2

      4 C unsoaked pecans
      4 C unsoaked brazil nuts
      3 t sea salt
      1¼ C blended cacao beans
      ¾ C raw carob
      2 C soaked raisins pureed
      6 T agave nectar
      ½ C melted coconut oil

      Blend pecans to a fine meal and place in a bowl. Blend the brazil nuts to a
      fine meal and combine with the pecans. If wanting your brownies with chunks
      leave some nuts slightly chunkier. Add the salt, blended cacao beans and carob
      to the nuts and mix until well incorporated.
      Mix pureed raisins thoroughly into the dry nut mix. Add your agave nectar
      and coconut oil into the brownie mix and work through with your hands.
      Place the brownie mix in a 9 x 13 “ glass dish and pat down evenly. Sprinkle
      with cacao powder and refrigerate.

      Optional additional ingredients:
      Orange zest
      Almond extract
      Desiccated coconut
      For Mexican brownies add 3 t cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne.
      HI there - well, I just start out with Gabriel Cousins basic 'nut mylk'
      recipe in Rainbow Green Live Cuisine, and I add a little bit of lavender,
      which leaves a lavender essence. I probably add about 1 tsp. of dried
      flowers. If you've played around with lavender in the kitchen you probably
      know a little goes a long way. Enjoy!

      Cheers,

      Jillian