Still Time to Sign up for Holiday Vegetarian Cooking Class

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionate
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      STILL ROOM IN SATURDAY'S HOLIDAY COOKING CLASS

      *Savory Tofu Spread with Crostini
      *Cornmeal-Crusted Tempeh with Pomegranate Sauce
      *Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onions & Toasted Pistachios
      *Peanut Butter Cookies
      *Chocolate Bread Pudding

      WHEN: Saturday, December 8th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro.
      COST: $55, plus $5 food/materials fee due on day of class
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online or mail a check to Compassionate Cooks P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Thursday, December 6th

      WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

      "Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family here next time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come back."

      "I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touch with KQED!"

      "Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients outside of my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in such an enthusiastic way."

      "I am an official groupie! You're so fabulous! It's so nice to be able to go to a cooking class and learn so much about health and compassion as well as learning amazing recipes. And you make the adventure fun and exciting!"

      "How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best I've ever had. Thanks so much!"

      "You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your enthusiasm and will be looking for the TV show!"

      "Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious. Thanks."

      "Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imagine missing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for vegan food -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm so glad I found out about these classes!"

      ABOUT COMPASSIONATE COOKS
      Committed to using mostly local, seasonal, organic ingredients, Compassionate Cooks empowers people to make informed food choices and delicious, plant-based meals through cooking classes, DVDs, podcasts, and more.

      Founder Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, food columnist for VegNews Magazine, contributor to KQED radio, one-time guest on the popular Food Network show, BBQ with Bobby Flay, and author of the soon-to-be-released cookbook, The Joy of Vegan Baking: Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats & Sinful Sweets, creates delicious but simple menus that celebrate the seasons and inspire people to return to the kitchen. The demonstration classes include everything from nutrition information and cooking tips to food history and taste tests of various products.

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, lectures & workshops, articles and essays, podcasts, and cooking DVDs.

      "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."