REQUEST: Gathering signatures at potlucks, demonstrations, local veg/AR events

  • Nora Kramer HC
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2007
      Hello friends,
      As you probably all know, the petitions for the ballot initiative to outlaw some of the cruelest practices on farms have arrived, and signature-gathering is now in full swing! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please visit www.humanecalifornia.org!)

      There are so many great events around the Bay Area that you all plan or attend, and I am writing to request that you--yes, YOU!--make sure that there are signatures gathered at each event you attend. By this I mean that someone (the organizer, preferably, would take responsibility for it, but it doesn't have to be) would take responsibility for having petitions at the potlucks, protests, letter-writing parties, book clubs, vegan food parties, and any other such event. Perhaps everyone at the event will have already signed, but maybe not! If someone were to bring extra petitions as well, that would be a fantastic way to distribute petitions to people who may not have gathered them otherwise or might not even know about the initiative. It would only take about 30 seconds to announce and less than that per person who will sign--and then you can go back to your letter writing, book club, or party! Do you accept my request?!

      Everyone gathering a few signatures here and there totally adds up and also means there is less of a need for people to gather hundreds or thousands of signatures. All of us gathering signatures are volunteers, and it would be fantastic to have people already organizing events featuring attendees who are compassionate to animals would volunteer to gather there!

      If you would like to order petitions, please visit www.humanecalifornia.org and enter your information in our volunteer section. We will make sure to get petitions out to you promptly.

      Finally, we will soon be having a local Bay Area email list specificially for the campaign. Our database is being modified to facilitate this, but I will invite you all to join that list and will refrain from regular posts to these lists at that time.

      Thank you for all the good you all do,
      Nora

      Nora Kramer
      Bay Area Coordinator