Volunteers! Sunday, 10-7-07, SFVS & VJTB anti-KFC Demo & Animal People Lunch, SF

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      NOTE: NEW RSVP ADDRESS: _VeggieJews@..._

      People who care about animals wanted in San Francisco on Sunday,
      October 7, 2007. Come to either one or both events:

      Please note: The anti-KFC Demo and Animal People lunch go forward in
      sun or fog, but both are canceled in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the VeggieJews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the PETA campaign against
      Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can
      educate the public regarding KFC's treatment of chickens by passing
      out leaflets at KFC, 4150 Geary Boulevard at the corner of 6th Avenue
      in San Francisco from Noon to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the

      (2) Sponsored by VeggieJews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Animal People Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk 4 blocks to
      Golden Era 2 vegetarian restaurant 832 Clement St., S.F. (415-668-
      4888) a vegan restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is
      a chance to eat tasty, low-cost, Vietnamese vegan food and to
      socialize. For information and to RSVP, write to

      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [www.sfvs.org, The San Francisco Vegetarian Society:
      For health and humanity,
      promoting vegetarianism since 1968
      SFVS is a non-profit organization that has been working in the Bay
      Area for nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian diet as a healthful
      and humane way of life.]

      [VeggieJews is an on-line and real world organization with events in
      local communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and
      vegetarians and spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values
      into the Jewish community. All VeggieJews' events are open to Jews
      of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or
      religious group, although single and observant people are always
      welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/ .]