Ballot initiative volunteer meeting this Sat 9/22 from 12-3pm, and campaign kickoff 10/2 from 7-10pm!

  • Nora HC
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2007
      Hello everyone!

      Please join me and other committed volunteers to discuss the upcoming
      statewide ballot initiative we are seeking to pass to outlaw battery cages,
      gestation crates, and veal crates in California!

      Our first volunteer meeting is in SF this Saturday from 12-3! We may not go
      that long, but either way we'll have food! Feel free to bring some goodies!

      (By the way, I realized after I planned this meeting that Saturday is Yom Kippur. My apologies for scheduling this meeting on this high holiday.)

      At this meeting we will discuss the campaign in more detail, go over
      volunteer needs that we have, discuss ways you can be involved, meet other
      volunteers who you can work with, get to know some great new people, and
      have fun! Please bring your calendar or daily planner with you so we can
      begin to plan our signature-gathering!

      If you would like to attend, please email me and I will send you the location!

      We will also be having our Bay Area campaign kickoff on Tuesday October 2
      from 7-10pm at the San Francisco SPCA at 2500 16th St. in SF's
      Mission District! Wayne Pacelle and Paul Shapiro from the Humane Society of the United States will be there, and this will be a fantastic opportunity to learn all you need to know to begin getting involved with this important campaign!

      The volunteer meeting this Saturday is in no way a replacement for the kickoff meeting, and if you can only go to one, please go to the kickoff meeting on the 2nd! Please see the attached flyer for that event!

      This initiative will be *such* a significant victory for animals, and we have such an amazing opportunity as California residents to really make a difference! This will take many, many people contributing lots and lots of time and energy and passion and compassion and ideas and even more time to get this on the ballot, but I know we can do it!

      Please let me know if you can make it to either of these meetings, and if you would like to bring any snacks for the meeting on Saturday! Even if you can't come, if you haven't already done so, please let me know if you are interested in volunteering for the campaign! Feel free to forward this to friends who might be interested in volunteering or attending, too!

      Really looking forward to seeing you at these meetings and to working with
      you on this important campaign!

      "True human goodness, in all its purity and freedom, can come to the fore
      only when its recipient has no power. Humanity's true moral test, its
      fundamental test, consists of its attitude toward those who are at its
      mercy: animals. And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental
      debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it."
      ~Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

      Interested in taking action online to help animals? Then join our online community! Go to http://humanesociety.org/join