Recipe for Vegan frosting

  • Don Lynne
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2007
      Hello,

      Does anyone have a recipe for vegan frosting that can be used for
      decorating? I want to make a vegan cake (have that recipe) and want
      to be able to decorate it with roses, etc, but I need to find a vegan
      frosting that's thick enough to decorate with.

      Thank you for your help.

      Don
    • walnutshakes@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2007
        I discovered a scrumptious chcolate frosting by melting vegan chocolate
        chips with Earth Balance, about equal parts. The thicker you want it, probably
        the less earth balance you should use. Sorry, Ive never measured how much to
        use, I just "eye" it.

        If you want another flavor, melt toffee chips, vanilla chips, or whatever
        other flavor vegan chips you can find. I hope this helps.

        I wonder if you could just melt sucanat with earth balance? When it goes
        back to room temp it should be the consistency of the earth balance again.
        ("should" is the operative word here. I'm not sure.}

        Did anyone else send you any good recipes?

        Good luck and Veg On,
        Karel