easy choc chip cookie recipe

  • walnutshakes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2007
      Hi again
      I just doctored up a recipe from John Robbins "Diet for a New World" and
      came up with a pretty awesome cookie recipe!

      try this!!

      preheat 35O F and pre grease two cookie sheets

      SECRET IS TO GET COOKIES IN OVEN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AFTER YOU MIX WET WITH
      DRY INGRED. OTHERWISE DOUGH STARTS TO DRY OUT. SO GET EVERYTHING READY BEFORE
      YOU MIX WET WITH DRY.

      in dry bowl, mix:
      -2 cups flour (try kamut flour sometime. it came out yummy!} For your first
      time try all purpose flour
      -2 tsp baking powder
      (if you want choc dough, try substituting 1/2 c of the flour with cocoa}

      in blender, puree:
      -1/2 cup oil
      -slightly less than 1 cup maple syrup [maybe 7/8 cup?]
      -1 TBsp vanilla extract [i just dump it in without measuring-comes out fine]

      pour puree into dry. mix well. Mix in about 1/2 bag bittersweet choc
      chips-or more if you like a LOT of choc] and add WALNUTS GALORE!!

      Drop by tbsp onto cookie sheets and bake 11 minutes @ 35O.
      (secret is to take them out before theyre fully done. they keep baking on
      the cooling rack}