Relaxation Yoga (Sliding Fee : $0 - $20), 9/17/2007, 7:00 pm

  • SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2007
      Reminder from: SFVeg Yahoo! Group

      Title: Relaxation Yoga (Sliding Fee : $0 - $20)

      Date: Monday September 17, 2007
      Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Monday.
      Location: Medicine Buddha #2 Shotwell x 14th St
      Street: #2 Shotwell x 14th St
      City State Zip: San Francisco, CA
      Notes: Relaxation Yoga (A powerful stress management
      technique)

      This yoga is one of the powerful techniques for stress
      reduction. By alternate cycle of relaxation and
      stimulation (through simple yogasana), here one learns
      to relax and be active simultaneously.
      After long and deep good night sleep, we feel more
      energetic next day. After being very active and hard
      working, again we become nicely tired to go deep
      sleep. This cycle of rest and stimulation, stretching
      and relaxing opens us to feel more with nurturing and
      deepening experience and we touch to our center of
      Being, where tremendous energy is available. Applying
      this principle of alternate stretching and relaxing to
      touch our center of Being, in this class student learn
      to relax and be active in middle of work.

      First students are introduced about significance of
      relaxation, how we get stress and how to manage it by
      least expense of energy, how to be efficient in work
      taking very short pause of rest in Free-flowing Breath Yoga (Yoga for more Vitality and energy)

      A way to aid the development of the physical, mental
      and vital components of ourselves.First some loosening
      and stretching exercises,with breathing (Sithilikara
      Vyayama) are introduced,which help to make the body
      supple and flexible so that they aid in Postures that
      are designed to awaken the vitality and forces and
      transform them to subtle form of mental energies. The
      class incorporates Sithilikaran Vyaama,Surya Namaskar,
      Tibetan Rites, Various Asanas,Breathing movement, Relaxation and Meditation.

      Biography

      *Briksha (Mahendra), originally from Nepal, combines
      Hindu Yogic practices and Buddhist wisdom in his teaching. He has been teaching Yoga, guided meditation and stress management classes since 1992.He is a graduate of the teacher-training
      program at Holistic Yoga Ashram, Nepal and at Yoga Research Center, Bang-lore. By using various tools and techniques of
      Yoga, Briksha creates a powerful environment to explore t