Re: World Vegetarian Day - help spread the word

  • Janet Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2007
      Dear Vegan/Vegetarian friends:

      We are very excited about our upcoming 8th Annual World Veg Festival
      coming up on Sept. 29 & 30, 2007, at the County Fair Building, next
      to the Arboretum in Golden Gate Park (same location as last year),
      hours: 10 am to 6pm. Last year, over 3000 visitors came to our event,
      and this year, we'd like to get even more folks to come!

      We're asking for your help in getting the word out: to your friends
      and family, workplace, and communities that you work with. What I did
      was email a message, which as the one I've written below, to all of
      my friends and people whom I thought would be interested. One year I
      sent to over 100 people and 10 of them came! Many were old friends I
      hadn't seen in years, so that was great for me, too! Most weren't
      vegetarians, but loved food and cooking or were interested in the
      health benefits of being a vegetarian. After learning to prepare
      foods in several of our cooking demos during the day, and sampling
      the delicious food among vendors in the Exhbit Hall, many of them are
      thinking about joining us!

      Please consider sending this (you can add a personal message in the
      beginning and end) to your friends and folks in community groups that
      you work with. They say this is the best way to get the word out: by
      word of mouth.

      Here's something you can paste up and use:

      Please join us at the 8th Annual World Veg Festival on Sat. & Sun.,
      Sept. 29 & 30, 2007, at the County Fair Building, located next to the
      Arboretum, at 9th Ave. & Lincoln, in Golden Gate Park. Hours are from
      10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can sample delicious vegan, vegetarian and raw
      foods by attending the cooking demos, buying from the food vendors,
      listening to speakers, and talking to exhibitors. We'll have Chinese,
      Indian, raw/living food vendors and more serving delicious foods in
      the Exhibit Hall. Also there's entertainment, children's activities,
      pet adoption and more. Donation is only $5.00. If you come the first
      1/2 hour, from 10 to 10:30 a.m., it's free for everyone. Also free to
      students and seniors with ID all day. There's also a delicious vegan
      dinner on Saturday night after closing at 6:30 p.m., ask about
      reserving a space and payment at the San Francisco Vegetarian Society
      (SFVS) booth in the Exhibit Hall. It's a lot of fun and you'll learn
      a lot as well, so please come and bring family and friends.

      We'll have more details as it gets closer to the event. Just check
      out website: <http://www.sfvs.org/wvd/>.

      Thanks everyone, for your help in getting the word out! I'll be
      sending you a separate email about posters and postcards.

      Janet

      ,