Fruit Picnic party ,Saturday, 18th

  • Mahendra aka Briksha
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2007
      Hello friends and community
      There is Raw passion Fruit Picnic happening this Saturday,18th in Sevastopol.some of us are going to attend.if you want to join us, please contact me.we are living around 8.30/9 am.there is possibility to car pool.
      hope to see you and have fun with you.

      many blessings

      Briksha
      415.503.7802
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______

      The Ultimate Fruitarian Raw Food Lifestyle Parties!
      Come alive and express your raw passion for life
      as together we set the world un-fire!
      To join the Raw Passion – Living Nutrition events & news email list,
      send an email to: 58348-subscribe@ zinester. com
      Forums

      Living Nutrition Magazine

      Raw 'n Delish Recipes
      100% Organic Cotton t-shirts!

      click shirt for a larger image.
      click here to order t-shirts.

      Laughing Song
      From Songs of Innocence
      by William Blake
      When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy,
      And the dimpling stream runs laughing by;
      When the air does laugh with our merry wit,
      And the green hill laughs with the noise of it;
      When the meadows laugh with lively green,
      And the grasshopper laughs in the merry scene;
      When Mary and Susan and Emily
      With their sweet round mouths sing 'Ha ha he!'
      When the painted birds laugh in the shade,
      Where our table with cherries and nuts is spread:
      Come live, and be merry, and join with me,
      To sing the sweet chorus of 'Ha ha he!'
      Raw Passion Fruit Picnic
      All Day Saturday, August 18, 2007
      Ragle Ranch Park, Sebastopol, California
      (1 hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sonoma County)
      Hosted by Dave Klein
      Join us for a joyously fruitful summertime celebration!
      This year's picnic will be at a reserved picnic spot at the wonderful Ragle Ranch Park, just a few minutes west of Santa Rosa.
      This a vegan rawfood sharing picnic for folks of all ages.

      click on image to enlarge
      Amenities and Activities
      * Picnic areas.
      * Softball, baseball & soccer fields good for many sports (frisbee, kite flying, etc.)
      * Volleyball courts (sand)
      * Tennis courts
      * Running & exercise course
      * Children's playground
      * Paved walking trails.
      * 45-minute nature walk trail (dirt) with hundreds of yards of blackberry bushes.
      * Peace garden
      * Restrooms
      * Dog park (fenced-in)
      * Sorry, there is no camping at the park.

      What to Bring
      * 5 to 10 lbs. of ripe organic fruit (per person) and 1 lb. of salad greens (per person) to share (please, no apples, bananas, carrots or unripe fruits)
      * drinking water
      * serving and eating bowls & utensils
      * paper towels
      * lawn blankets
      * lawn chairs
      * summer clothes
      * heavy clothes if you plan to go to the coast
      * sunscreen
      * hat
      * sports gear
      * musical instruments if you like
      * bandaids, tweezers, etc. (just in case)
      Weather
      Expect dry conditions and temperatures of 80 to 100 degrees.
      Local Natural Features
      * The Russian River is only 10 to 20 minutes away. It offers sunning, swimming, inner tubing, canoeing and kayaking. Some of us will go swimming.
      * The Laguna de Santa Rosa in Sebastopol is a terrific place to go kayaking and canoeing and see hundreds of birds, including white egrets, blue herons, haws, etc. Put in at the Occidental Rd. Bridge crossing.
      * Sebastopol has many small organic farms with some offering fruit picking. http://www.farmtrai ls.org/news. html. In season: Gravenstein apples, berries, stone fruits, tomatoes, melons, cukes, corn, etc. Local figs, possibly.
      * The breathtakingly beautiful coast is only 20 minutes to the west (Bodega Bay and many sandy beaches). The beaches and scenery are the best. (Unfortunately, the water is too cold for most to swim in and the coastal weather can be very chilly in the summer, so bring lots of warm clothes.)
      * Point Reyes National Seashore is 50 minutes to the southwest. This near-pristine, otherworldly national park is a nature-lover' s utopia with amazing vistas, flora and fauna, including whale watching. It also has hiking, camping,
      * Tomales Bay is a long finger just the the east of Pt. Reyes. It's ideal for kayaking and offers hiking and serene shoreline vistas.
      Directions to Ragle Ranch Park
      From Hwy. 101, take Hwy. 116 West or Hwy.12 west to Sebastopol.
      Hwy. 12 ends in the center of Sebastopol and continues straight west as Bodega Hwy. Go about 1 mile west on Bodega Hwy.
      Turn right onto Ragle Rd.
      The park is 1/4 mile ahead on the left.
      Park on the street for free. Or enter the park, pay $5 and drive into the lot on the right.
      Map: click here
      Picnic Site
      Our site is to the right (north) of the entrance booth. We are to the left of the tennis and volleyball courts, under a huge valley oak tree. To avoid poison oak, keep on trails and away from bushes.
      SolFest on Sunday
      On Sunday, some of us will carpool 1.25 hours up Hwy. 101 to SolFest in Hopland. Be sure to catch Systems Ecologist David Blume's workshop -- he will be featured in Living Nutrition Magazine vol. 20.
      * The Santa Rosa Farmer's Market happens Saturday morning across from the Sonoma County Fairgrounds. * The Sebastopol Farmer's Market is Sunday morning in the center of town next to Whole Foods on McKinley St.
      * click here for
      Local Organic Food Stores Local Lodging: click here
      Donation: $5 per person. Carpooling: click here
      Questions: Phone: (707) 566-0404
      E-mail: customer@livingnutr ition.com

      .

      Breathe, Smile and Awaken!!!