ONLY HOURS AWAY! 8/5 Noon anti-KFC Demo & 1:15 AnimalPeopleLunch, S.F.

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      ONLY HOURS AWAY!

      ANIMAL PEOPLE WANTED!
      People who care about animals wanted in San Francisco on Sunday,
      August 5, 2007. Come to one or both:

      Please note: The anti-KFC Demo and Animal People Lunch are on in sun
      or fog but canceled in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the VeggieJews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the PETA campaign against
      Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can
      educate the public regarding KFC's treatment of chickens by passing
      out leaflets at KFC, 4150 Geary Boulevard at the corner of 6th Avenue
      in San Francisco from Noon to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the
      literature.

      (2) Sponsored by VeggieJews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Animal People Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk 4 blocks to Golden
      Era 2 vegetarian restaurant 832 Clement St., S.F. (415-668-4888) a
      vegan restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a chance
      to eat tasty, low-cost, Vietnamese vegan food and to socialize.

      For information and to RSVP, write to veggiejews@....
      RSVPs are desirable, but not necessary. Just come!

      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [www.sfvs.org, The San Francisco Vegetarian Society:
      For health and humanity, promoting vegetarianism since 1968. SFVS is
      a non-profit organization that has been working in the Bay Area for
      nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian diet as a healthful and humane
      way of life.]

      [VeggieJews is an on-line and real world organization with events in
      local communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and
      vegetarians and spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values
      into the Jewish community. All VeggieJews' events are open to Jews of
      all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or
      religious group, although single and observant people are always
      welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/ .]