Sun.Aug. 5, Noon:KFC Demo Geary-6th Ave.,SF & AnimalPeople Lunch 1:15 GoldenEra2

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      ANIMAL PEOPLE WANTED!
      People who care about animals wanted in San Francisco on Sunday, August 5,
      2007. Come to one or both:

      Please note: The anti-KFC Demo and Animal People Lunch are on in sun, fog or
      light drizzle, but canceled in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the VeggieJews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco Vegetarian
      Society and participate in the PETA campaign against Kentucky Fried Cruelty
      (see _www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com_ (http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/) ).
      You can educate the public regarding KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out
      leaflets at KFC, 4150 Geary Boulevard at the corner of 6th Avenue in San
      Francisco from Noon to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Sponsored by VeggieJews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Animal People Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk 4 blocks to Golden Era 2
      vegetarian restaurant 832 Clement St., S.F. (415-668-4888) a vegan restaurant,
      where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a chance to eat tasty, low-cost,
      Vietnamese vegan food and to
      socialize.

      For information and to RSVP, write to _veggiejews@..._
      (mailto:veggiejews@...)
      RSVPs are desirable, but not necessary. Just come!

      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [_www.sfvs.org_ (http://www.sfvs.org/) , The San Francisco Vegetarian
      Society:
      For health and humanity, promoting vegetarianism since 1968. SFVS is a
      non-profit organization that has been working in the Bay Area for nearly 40 years
      promoting a vegetarian diet as a healthful and humane way of life.]

      [VeggieJews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community. All
      VeggieJews' events are open to Jews
      of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or religious
      group, although single and observant people are always welcome. For group
      information or to join, please go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/ .]