Only Hours Away! Animal People, come to KFC Demo Noon and Lunch 1:15, S.F.

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2007
      VOLUNTEERS WANTED!

      People who care about animals wanted in San Francisco on Sunday, July
      8, 2007. Come to one or both:

      Please note: the Animal People Luncheon goes forward,
      rain or shine.
      The anti-KFC Demo is on in sun, fog or light drizzle, but canceled
      in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the VeggieJews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the
      PETA campaign against Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see
      www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can educate the public regarding
      KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out leaflets at KFC, 4150
      Geary Boulevard at the corner of 6th Avenue in San Francisco from
      Noon
      to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Sponsored by VeggieJews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Animal People Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk 4 blocks to
      Golden Era 2 vegetarian restaurant 832 Clement St., S.F. (415-668-
      4888) a vegan restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is
      a chance to eat tasty, low-cost, Vietnamese vegan food and to
      socialize. For information and to RSVP, write to
      _veggiejews@..._ (mailto:veggiejews@...)

      RSVPs are desirable, but not necessary. Just come!

      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [www.sfvs.org, The San Francisco Vegetarian Society:
      For health and humanity,
      promoting vegetarianism since 1968
      SFVS is a non-profit organization that has been working in the Bay
      Area for nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian diet as a healthful
      and humane way of life.]

      [VeggieJews is an on-line and real world organization with events in
      local communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and
      vegetarians and spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values
      into the Jewish community. All VeggieJews' events are open to Jews
      of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or
      religious group, although single and observant people are always
      welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/ .]