Fire works! (Will Tuttle)

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2007
      Forwarding this message from Will Tuttle, past speaker at San
      Francisco Vegetarian Society events.

      Hello friends!

      On this Independence Day holiday, it may be helpful for us to
      contemplate not only the nature of our "independence," i.e.,
      political freedom, but also the nature of our interdependence with
      each other and with all life. As Madeleine and I travel throughout
      North America and meet so many loving, conscious, and spiritually-
      aspiring folks, we feel our relatedness as a living force. Through
      the lectures, concerts, art exhibits, workshops, and our individual
      sessions with people, we realize we are part of a great awakening
      that is building and growing on this planet.

      I remember going to a winter mountaineering course in the Rocky
      Mountains in my youth, and learning that the secret to building a
      fire in the snow is to really love and tenderly feed the little fire
      with just the right size small pieces of wood. We see our work as
      lighting and feeding little grass-roots fires wherever we go, and it
      is beautiful to see others lovingly adding their sticks and kindling
      to the flames, and the fires are growing hotter and brighter and
      larger throughout our land, and they are fires of peace, compassion,
      justice, and of understanding and celebrating the interconnected web
      of relations that we all share and that gives us purpose and meaning.

      We want to thank each and every one of you for tending these local
      home fires and bringing the light of truth and kindness to our world.
      We could never do what we're doing without you, and with you,
      together, we can transform our world. Thank you all for all your
      efforts--we are the benevolent revolution we've been waiting for!

      The last couple of months have been filled with exciting, positive
      developments in our ongoing efforts to bring the transformational,
      uplifting message of The World Peace Diet to more people in our
      culture. And there are many more opportunities beckoning on the
      horizon also! To see the continually-updated itinerary of our tour
      schedule on our ongoing "Grand Tour," please go to our improved and
      updated website, http://willtuttle.com, or click here for the direct
      link: http://willtuttle.com/schedule.htm.

      We'd like to draw your attention to some of the especially highlighted
      upcoming events, and also to some local groups and projects that are
      doing remarkable things to bring peace and healing to our world.

      First, the upcoming events:
      Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be speaking on The World Peace
      Diet in Arcata, Garberville, and Palo Alto, CA, and then returning to
      Massachusetts, where I'll be speaking in Beverly and on July 15th,
      for the large annual potluck picnic of the Boston Vegetarian Society
      held at The Peace Abbey in Sherborn, MA. Y.T. will be receiving the
      Peace Abbey's Courage Of Conscience Award at this lecture event,
      which will also include some original piano music as well. Please
      spread the word! Will also be speaking on The World Peace Diet in
      Concord, NH and at the MARC-nic annual picnic in central
      Massachusetts in July. Details for all these are on our website.In
      August, I'll be speaking on The World Peace Diet for the annual
      Macrobiotic Kushi Institute Annual Conference, "Pathway To Peace,"
      which will be held at Babson College in Wellesley, Mass., from August
      5 to 11. We have discount coupons for this event; contact us if you'd
      like one!
      Our schedule will take us to Portland, ME, E. Greenwich, RI,
      S.Windsor, CT, Rhinebeck, Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo, NY, and
      then on through Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska,
      and Missouri in September and October.
      Of special note is our 4-day retreat that will be held at beautiful
      Unity Village just east of Kansas City on October 18-21. The retreat
      is entitled: "Intuition: Developing Your Inner Wisdom" and is
      sponsored by Unity's SpiritPath Program. There is a registration
      discount through the end of August and this is a beautiful time of
      year at Unity Village, a place where every "Unitic" is called to
      visit at least once in our lives!
      Our schedule will continue on from there, bringing us to Ohio,
      Tennessee, Georgia, and on to Florida in December, where we'll be for
      the winter.
      If you'd like to schedule an event in your area, please let us know.
      Madeleine is in Switzerland until the end of July, and then we begin
      our tour together again.

      Secondly, I'd like to call attention especially to the people we've
      been working with recently who have blessed us - let's support the
      important work they're doing.
      Triangle Vegetarian Society in Raleigh-Durham -
      http://www.trianglevegsociety.org/
      EarthSave Baltimore - http://baltimore.earthsave.org/
      Portland's Northwest V.E.G. - http://nwveg.org/index.html
      UFETA, The Unitarian Universalists For The Ethical Treatment of
      Animals
      - http://www25.uua.org/ufeta/membership.htm
      Veg Education Network in Eugene, OR - http://www.eugeneveg.org/

      In addition, I'd like to especially thank the following for their
      wonderful contributions to the cause of peace and compassion, and
      urge you to check out their websites and the work they're doing:

      The Peace Abbey - http://peaceabbey.org/
      AnimalsVoice Magazine - http://www.animalsvoice.com/PAGES/home.html
      Blossoming Lotus Restaurants -
      http://www.blossominglotus.com/index_hi.htm
      Boston Vegetarian Society - http://www.bostonveg.org/
      Salem Vegan Society - http://www.salemvegan.org/events.htm
      Pangea Vegan Products - http://www.veganstore.com/
      Compassionate Cooks - http://www.compassionatecooks.com/
      Go Vegan Radio - http://www.goveganradio.com/
      New Dimensions Radio - http://www.newdimensions.org/
      Wake-Up America Radio -
      http://www.globaltalkradio.com/shows/wakeupamerica/
      Institute For Culinary Awakening - http://chefal.org/
      Naro Cinema in Norfolk, VA - http://www.narocinema.org/
      Supreme Master Television - positive, spiritually programming -
      http://www.gdc2.org/nwn/
      Dinner With Dilip - A new veg recipe every day -
      http://dilipdinner.blogspot.com/
      Vibrant Memories Photography - great photographer in the Raleigh
      area - http://www.vibrant-memories.com/

      Please go to our Worldwide Prayer Circle For Animals at
      http://www.circleofcompassion.org and put yourself on our new and
      improved world map, and find out more about joining us in creating a
      consciousness of kindness for all beings.

      Madeleine and I are also encouraging people to learn about the
      worldwide consciousness-raising event on July 17, 2007, called "Fire
      The Grid."
      You can find out more about this here: http://www.firethegrid.com/

      We're hoping you'll consider donating some copies of The World Peace
      Diet to a local library or to influential people in your community.
      We have a special Quantity Discount available on our website to buy 5
      books at significant savings. And again, thanks for all you're doing
      to help raise awareness on this earth.

      Finally, a huge thank you to all the people working so hard to make
      our events successful. We had some terrific turn-outs recently in
      Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Baltimore, Cape Cod, Portland, Eugene, and
      Ashland.

      That's it for now. Thanks for being the blessing you are!

      Dr. Will Tuttle
      willtuttle@...
      "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress may be seen by the
      way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi
      Visit http://willtuttle.com/WPD.htm to find out more about The World
      Peace Diet.
      Visit http://willtuttle.com for our original music and art.
      Visit www.circleofcompassion.org to participate in The Prayer Circle