Veggie Jews' Indian dinner in San Francisco, 1/17/04

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      You are invited to join Veggie Jews at 7:15 p.m. for our Saturday evening, January 17, 2004, dinner in San Francisco. We'll be meeting and eating at the New Ganges restaurant, 775 Frederick (between Stanyon and Arguello) in San Francisco.

      The New Ganges won first prize last November in the Animal Place professional class veggie cook-off in San Francisco. (The better known Millennium restaurant came in second.) Bob Gotch, who organizes restaurant outings for the Bay Area Vegetarians' group wrote of the New Ganges:

      "The relatively new owner of this all vegetarian restaurant
      (he has no connection to prior ownership/management of Ganges of
      the past in the same location) is very vegan-friendly and
      accommodating, and wants to introduce himself and his restaurant
      to the veg community. He stresses that all food is fresh, nothing
      frozen, [and he]will take back any dish that does not meet the diner's
      satisfaction. I have had three excellent meals there so far.
      The interior is pleasant, though nothing fancy, however cloth
      napkins are standard, and service is excellent." [Thanks, Bob.]

      Please RSVP to veggiejews@... by 5 p.m. on January 16, 2004 so that I can tell the restaurant how many of us to expect. Drop-ins are welcome on a space permitting basis, but this place is small, so RSVP's are encouraged.

      For information about the restaurant, call the New Ganges at (415) 681-4355. For transportation questions go to www.sfmuni.com.

      [Please note that all Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant people are always welcome. For early notice of all events, please go to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews and join. You can choose to participate in discussions and receive general notices of events or choose to receive only "special notices" of official Veggie Jews' events. By accepting this invitation, you agree to hold Veggie Jews, it's organizers and members harmless and come at your own risk.]