Friday Apr. 13 dinner party with guest speaker at Bok Choy Garden

  • Dave Goggin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      This month’s SFVS dining out event will be held Friday, April 13, at 6:30pm. We will once again enjoy a yummy dinner at Bok Choy Garden, 1820 Clement St (between 19th & 20th Avenue) in San Francisco.

      As always we’ll eat all vegan stuff, with cost to be split among participants, probably $12 - $13 per person.

      After dinner, we’ll be treated to a presentation on self-esteem by Dr. Michael Edelstein, a noted San Francisco clinical psychologist and author of the award-winning Three Minute Therapy. Dr. Edelstein will present his controversial view that self-esteem is an unempirical approach, destructive to emotional well-being. Michael is Past President of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy and a practitioner of Albert Ellis' Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT). You may find Dr. Edelstein's website at www.threeminutetherapy.com.

      Also after dinner, those interested will have an opportunity to participate in a conceptual photo shoot for the August vegan eclipse trip medallion. And if you have a telescope that we can use as a prop please let me know.

      RSVP to Dave Goggin dg2222@... or 415-567-6773. When you RSVP, please be sure to include a probability estimate of the chances that you will actually show up. Space is limited to 13 guests so if you want to go, let me know right away!