Re: [SFVeg] Re: Lunar Eclipse

  • Duende
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 9:16 AM

      > In fact part of the whole point is for people to visually see the
      > stars and milky way gradually coming into view as the moon eclipses
      > - it is the contrast between the conditions that should be
      > interesting.

      Concerning contrast, I was stationed in a remote area of Korea in
      1969. It was night time and a friend and I were laying on our backs
      on a small grassy knoll passing a joint back and forth while enjoying
      the stars. There was a sudden power failure and all the lights of the
      compound went out simultaneously. What had been a wonderful view of
      the night sky now jumped a zillion miles closer in an instant. We
      were both screaming and laughing in our bliss and have never been
      "right" since :-)

      Peace

      Duende

      "If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise
      they'll kill you."

      Oscar Wilde