Free Lecture and Book Signing “Appetite for Profit” by Michele Simon

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      The next vegetarian potluck and free lecture sponsored by the San
      Francisco Vegetarian Society will also have a Book Signing.
      "Appetite for Profit" by Michele Simon author of Appetite for
      Profit: How the Food Industry Undermines Our Health and How to Fight
      Back.
      Date:Saturday, April 14, 2007
      Time:6:00 p.m.*
      Place:Institute on Aging
      3600 Geary Boulevard
      San Francisco
      For more information, call 415-273-5481 or www.sfvs.org.
      Michele Simon will discuss why we cannot trust food corporations to
      do the right thing. She will describe the local battles of going up
      against the powerful food lobbies and expose the lobbying tactics
      that food companies employ to trick the public. Then she will
      educate us on how to fight back. Endorsements of her book include
      Marion Nestle, nutrition professor and author of Food Politics & What
      to Eat, Frances Moore Lappe, author of Diet for a Small Planet, and a
      starred review from Library Journal.
      *Book signing at 8:00 PM. More details are available on our
      website or by telephone.