Vegan astronomy medallion.

  • Dave Goggin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 3:36 PM
      Hi all,

      Now that I have a new artistic hobby - medallic sculpture - I've been thinking of creating a medallion as a memento for the SFVS eclipse road trip in August.

      This would be a limited edition piece, for fundraising purposes with proceeds net of production costs to be donated to SFVS. Possible exhibition at the international medallic art convention http://www.fidem-medals.org/congress.html in September.

      So far, I've imagined the design as follows:

      -Obverse (heads side): 4 friends observing the moon and stars, accompanied by a cat (or dog perhaps). Bright stars glitter high above in the dome of the sky. Inscription "SFVS Lunar Eclipse Trip August 2007" ornamented with lettuce leaves.

      -Reverse (tails side): The phases of Venus illuminated by rays of sunlight. Inscription (possibly in Latin) "Venus . queen of the planets . morning star autumn 2007".

      Material: Cast bronze; 48mm diameter

      You will have a chance to participate in concept photo shoots at future dining outs and a final design will be presented at the June 8 dining out.

      The piece is intended to promote and celebrate friendship, science, human progress, and freedom.

      Comments? Suggestions?

      thanks, -DG