Reminder: Veggie Jews' Khanukah dinner, 12/27/03, Oakland, CA

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2003
      Please join Veggie Jews at 7:15 p.m. on Saturday evening, December
      27, 2003,
      at the New World Vegetarian Restaurant, 464-8th Street (at Broadway)
      in downtown Oakland, California for our first annual Chanukah dinner.
      We will be ordering off the menu.

      According to Bob Gotch, who organizes a monthly dinner at the
      restaurant, "Prices range from appetizers at $2.95 to $4.95, and
      entrees from $5.95 to $10.95. The last group dinner found us eating
      well for under $13 including tax and tip. Meals are prepared with
      homemade sauces that use sea salt, free from MSG, and are low in oil.

      "Voted 1999 Readers Choice Award of the Oakland Tribune for Best
      Vegetarian Restaurant. Vegan desserts made on the premises now
      available, not that you're likely to have room for them after your
      meal! Their saying, 'All vegetarian with respect for life.' Easy BART
      and Bus access." (Thanks, Bob.)

      Please RSVP by 3 p.m. on the day of the event to
      veggiejews@.... (Please do not click "reply" or you will
      be replying to the entire list.) Drop-ins are welcome on a space
      available basis.

      If you are not otherwise involved in the Jewish community this
      holiday season, you are especially urged to make Veggie Jews your
      community and join us for dinner. New faces are always appreciated.

      [Please note that all Veggie Jews' events are open to our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant people are always welcome. For early notice of all events, please go to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews and join. You can choose to participate in discussions and receive general notices of events or choose to receive only "special notices" of official Veggie Jews' events.]