Chinese New Year Dinner, Sat 2/24 at 6pm

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2007
      Celebrate Chinese New Year

      When: Sat Feb 24 18:00 - Sat Feb 24 21:00

      We plan to eat at 6:20pm

      20070224T180000/20070224T210000
      Where: Layonna 1829 Clement Street, between 19th & 20th Avenue, SF

      Created By:San Francisco Vegetarian Society

      Description
      Celebrate the Year of the Boar
      Gung Hay Fat Choy

      Chinese New Year Vegan Dining Out,

      Saturday, February 24 at 6:00 p.m.
      Layonna's (Newly Opened Vegetarian Restaurant)

      1829 Clement Street, between 19th & 20th Avenue, San Francisco

      Organized by Sharon Leong and Winnie.

      $18 per person includes tax, tip, and tea.

      Make checks out and mail to SFVS, c/o Joseph Cadiz, 7
      3 Rondel Place, San Francisco CA 94103

      by February 21.

      Menu (not too much fake "meat"):

      Claypot Curry "Chicken", Mao Po Tofu, "Salmon" with Pine nuts, Vegetable
      Small Steamed Bun, Braised Tofu with Brown Sauce, Golden Mushroom with Tofu,
      Deep Fried Filet Fish in Brown Sauce, House Delight with Crispy Taro & Bean
      Curd Sheet, maybe more entrees

      Dessert

      Brown Rice, Tea.

      The vegan dinner will be made with fresh oil and no msg.
      Menu subject to change. For more information, call 415-273-5481.

      Come join us, some of us are wearing festive red clothing for Chinese New Year.

      signature:

      I am unable to receive your emails during work hours.

      By the way,...I don't pay for gas, cause my car runs on used vegetable oil
      from restaurants.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_vegetable_oil
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiesel

      sign, Sunny