Vegetarian Cooking Class at Marin Humane Society (Demystifying Tofu & Tempeh)

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionat
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS - DEMYSTIFYING TOFU & TEMPEH - THURSDAY FEBRUARY 15th, 2007 - 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
      We're thrilled to return to the Marin Humane Society (www.marinhumanesociety.org) for another cooking demonstration. Join the Compassionate Cooks' (www.compassionatecooks.com) on Thursday evening February 15th from 6:30-8:30, as we demystify tofu and tempeh, two misunderstood - albeit nutritious and delicious - foods. On the menu is Better Than Chicken Salad, Creamy Caesar Salad with Croutons, Tasty Tofu Scramble, and Tempting Tempeh Sloppy Joes, and we will also go over how to freeze and press tofu and the difference between silken, soft, firm, and extra firm. Register in advance by visiting www.marinhumanesociety.org or calling (415) 506-6288. $40/person. Fees include demonstration, food samples, copies of recipes, coupons for restaurants and local groceries, resources and much more. Pass it on!

      Best,
      Danielle

      Danielle Puller
      Cooking Class Coordinator
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, lectures & workshops, articles and essays, podcasts, and cooking DVDs.

      "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."