FW: Raw Tapas Brunch at Peña Pachamama Feb 18th

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2007
      Dixie and Stan lives nearby, invite them to join you for Brunch..

      While you’re there go visit Juicy Lucy and check them out….

      Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 01:26:33 -0800
      From: "Sam Lippman" <samlippman@...>
      To: rawfood4u@...
      Subject: Raw Tapas Brunch at Peña Pachamama Feb 18th

      Dearest Friends and Raw Food Lovers,

      I wanted to personally invite you to brunch next Sunday in North Beach.
      I've put together a delicious live/raw/vegan/organic/local/seasonal tapas
      brunch menu (plus warm soup, quinoa, and Bolivian Salteñas)
      which we'll be serving up at Peña Pachamama, from 10:30am - 3:30 pm on
      Sunday, February 18th. Peña Pachamama is a magical restaurant and music club
      that's welcomed me to kick off their organic vegan Sunday brunches. The
      restaurant is located at 1630 Powell Street, between Union and Green in San
      Francisco.

      San Francisco now has a new healthy and delicious dining option on Sunday
      mornings, and I'd be thrilled if you can join us for this very special 1st
      day. With your support, this will be the first of many organic vegan Sunday
      brunches at Peña Pachamama, where together we can all eat well, support
      local sustainable agriculture, and push forward our goals of healthful
      nutrition, environmental awareness and social justice by offering gourmet
      cuisine with a purpose to our community.

      This is the first time I've served my own food in a restaurant, and I'm glad
      to be offering some of my most popular dishes, as well as some new editions
      to my repretoir. Many of my creations for this meal are Latin-themed, as
      we'll be dining in a Bolivian tapas restaurant. The meal will be served dim
      sum style, on small plates - so you can come for just a taste, or eat your
      heart out. Everything on the menu is made fresh, with lots of love, and the
      majority of the ingredients will be coming direct from the farmer's market
      the same weekend.

      As many of you know, I scour the local farmers markets, organic wholesalers
      and health-food dispensaries to find the best and freshest materials to
      create my inventive and original live-food recipes. You may also know that
      this is more than just food to me- it's also my creative extension of my own
      healing process, as raw foods has helped me overcome some immense health
      challenges and has brought renewed vibrancy and excitement to my life. It
      is my hope that some of my enthusiasm may wear off on to you through an
      enjoyable meal and the sensation of rejuvenation and joy that comes from
      eating living foods.

      I'm pleased to be joined in the kitchen and on the floor by some of my
      friends from Back to Earth Organic Catering as well as the staff of Peña
      Pachamama. It will be our pleasure to see you and serve you next Sunday.
      Please feel free to bring your friends, family and sweethearts, and spread
      the word to anyone you know who may be interested in this unique and
      enriching dining opportunity.

      Hope to see you there,

      Sam Lippman

      Raw Tapas Brunch Menu

      Feb 18th, 2007 Peña Pachamama - 1630 Powell Street, San Francisco

      10:30am – 3:30pm

      Warm Chai $5

      With fresh almond milk. Sweetened with agave nectar

      Emerald Awakenings $5

      An invigorating and refreshing blend of Apple, Pear, Parsley, Mint, Ginger,
      Lemon

      Kiwi Mint Ginger Lemonade $5

      Apple Ginger Ale $6

      Fresh apple juice with ginger, agave nectar, lemon, and naturally sparkling
      water

      Fresh Orange Juice/Pomegranate Mimosa $7

      SXmall Soups, Salads, and Grains

      Butternut Squash Soup $5

      Cooked Butter nut squash soup seasoned with fresh citrus and herbs

      Warm Quinoa Bowl $5

      Quinoa cooked in coconut milk with coriander and mustard seeds

      Curried Cauliflower $5

      with raisins parsley and gogi berries

      Pineapple Kiwi Citrus Salad $5

      with fennel and mint

      Kale and Seaweed Salad $5

      with avocado and lemon-dulse dressing

      Small Plates

      Sunflower/flax Pumpernickel Bread $5

      Topped with pistachio/fennel/dill pate, fresh herb garnish and cherry tomato

      Rainbow Root Rolls $5

      Colorful beets and radishes sliced paper-thin, rolled around a creamy
      sunflower/pine nut herb cheese

      Jicimas Bravas $5

      Fresh jicima with almond chili cream sauce

      Smoky Walnut Tacos $6

      Taco filling of walnuts, raw cacao, tamarind and Mexican spices with minced
      onion, fresh cilantro, avocado and cranberry/gogi berry salsa picante on 2
      soft celery root tortillas

      Chile Rawlleno $6

      A soft ancho chili stuffed with savory pepita filling and smothered in an
      avocado/tomato sauce

      Pineapple Pizza $6

      Fresh Pineapple crust topped with sun-dried tomato marinaRaw sauce, fresh
      vegetable and herb garnish and nutty parmesan

      Enchiladitas Crudas $7

      Marinated collard green leaves filled with a fluffy almond/walnut queso
      fresco smothered in sun-dried tomato and chili enchilada sauce

      Coconut Avocado Mango Ceviche $7

      Young Thai coconut, mango and avocado marinated in citrus with fresh
      cilantro and onions on cucumber chips

      Bolivian Saltenas

      The house specialty Bolivian pastry. Beef or Vegetarian

      Desserts

      Raw Chocolate Truffles – Assorted Flavors $3/truffle

      Raw Vegan Green Tea Ice Cream $6

      with fresh mango

      CarRawmel Apples $6

      Granny Smith Apples with a raw vegan caramel dipping sauce

      Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes $7

      And Finally, a shameless plug for myself and my assosciates:

      * For more information about The Art of RAW, my personal raw chef
      service, please visit: http://rawfood4u.homestead.com
      <http://rawfood4u.homestead.com/> - and coming soon, www.freshrawchef.com
      <http://www.freshrawchef.com/> .
      * I can also be found during the week at Cafe Soulstice, the Bay
      Area's newest raw vegan cafe. We are located at 4th Street and El Camino
      Real, inside the Equinox Gym in Downtown San Mateo. You can learn more
      about Cafe Soulstice, and our amazing chef, Elaina Love, at her website:
      www.purejoyplanet.com <http://www.purejoyplanet.com/>