Re: [SFVeg] kitten in the window at Macy's

  • Doug Dyment
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2006
      Karen wrote:
      > My partner told me that he saw a kitten in a window display at Macy's
      > (downtown SF) Saturday night ...
      >
      > I planned to go over today to try to talk to a manager, but I wanted
      > to check with the list to see if anyone else had seen/heard of this
      > and see if perhaps we could get an activist or humane society
      > organization involved to help?

      This is an annual event at Macy's in San Francisco, currently in its 20th year. It is actually run by the SF/SPCA, and is part of their pet adoption program. The alternative for these animals is "disposal", so this is actually a good thing.

      More at: http://www.sfspca.org/volunteers/holiday_window.html

      ... Doug