Only hours away:ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY Anti-KFC Noon, Advo.Lunch 1:15, SF

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2006
      Only hours away:

      JOIN US ON THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THIS MONTHLY EVENT:

      Two ways to help animals in San Francisco on Sunday, December 17, 2006! Come
      to one or both:

      Please note: the Advocates Letter-Writing Luncheon goes forward,
      rain or shine.
      The anti-KFC Demo is on in sun, fog or light drizzle, but canceled
      in the event of rain.

      (1) Join the Veggie Jews' Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society and participate in the
      PETA campaign against Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see
      www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can educate the public regarding
      KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out leaflets at KFC, 1900
      Irving Street at the corner of 20th Avenue in San Francisco from Noon
      to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Sponsored by Veggie Jews Tsedakah Brigade and the San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society:
      Advocates' Luncheon: At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk two blocks to
      Shangri La vegetarian
      restaurant (2026 Irving St. at 22nd Ave., 731-2548), a Kosher-vegan
      restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a chance to
      eat tasty, low-cost, Chinese vegan food; to socialize; and most
      importantly, to spend a few minutes writing letters to help relieve
      the suffering of animals. Suggestions for subjects and recipients
      of letters will be available but feel free to bring your own agenda,
      as well as your own paper, envelopes, pen and stamps.
      For information and to
      RSVP, write to _veggiejews@..._
      A8Em9UHXmC_4mCvi9g5TGlw3Yyy6Pg) .
      Posted by Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      [www.sfvs.org, The San Francisco Vegetarian Society:
      For health and humanity,
      promoting vegetarianism since 1968
      SFVS is a non-profit organization that has been working in the Bay
      Area for nearly 40 years promoting a vegetarian diet as a healthful
      and humane way of life.]

      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in
      local communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and
      vegetarians and spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values
      into the Jewish community. All Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews
      of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or
      religious group, although single and observant people are always
      welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      _www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/_