My experience at Nature's Express w/new management

  • Susanne Gallo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2014
      I would like to wish vegan businesses much success; however, I used to enjoy Nature's Express, this deli-style vegan restaurant & ate there fairly often when it was under the previous management.  It reopened last week wnew management.  I went there Thurs. & was extremely disappointed,  The menu shrunk (1/2 to 1/3 of items are gone), the nice vibe is gone (it's barren), & the food is not the same & has deteriorated.  All the staff are brand new & they don't know how to prepare the food.  I ordered the classic grilled reuben which they didn't mess up too bad; however, there was no rye bread (the bread appeared to be white bread which was half-toasted), it was made a bit sloppy, & it did not taste as good.  I also ordered the Ba-cun Cheeseburger & the burger fell completely apart & out of the roll as soon as I took my first bite.  The roll was tasteless & appeared to be white bread.  There was no fake bacon on the sandwich although there was 1 small piece of gluten.  I hope the owner (oncologist who lives in Arizona) will realize the new management is incompetent.

      Susanne
    • Eileen M. Harrington
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2014
        Susanne -

        I have heard the same! I think everyone who loved Nature's Express (like me--I live a mile away and use to go there twice a month as my treat) needs to speak up to the new management and tell them what they are doing is NOT working and that they will likely close due to dropped # of customers. At one point, Pepple's owner was talking to the owner, but I don't know what happened after that. He was instrumental in helping them not permanently close on Dec. 31st last year.  Don't know what the scoop is now.

        Eileen

        From: SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
        To: SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 21:35:52 -0700
        Subject: [SFVS] My experience at Nature's Express w/new management

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2014
          Hi Eileen,

          Thanks very much for your email & confirmation of the problems w/Nature's Express' new management.  I appreciate you sharing this.

          The new managers &/or owners have removed my post/review from their Facebook page & removed others' posts who they deemed were critical, negative, &/or unacceptable.  When I tried to repost because I was certain I was blocked from posting anything.  Sure enough, a message popped up stating, 'YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RATE OR REVIEW THE PAGE BECAUSE YOU ARE BLOCKED BY THE PAGE ADMINISTRATOR."  I'm certain the others were also blocked from posting, again.

          It's sad/unfortunate that Nature's Express are not receptive to honest & constructive criticism by their customers, especially faithful, regular customers like you & me.

          I don't want to tell others what to do (or pressure anyone) & as I previously said, I like supporting vegan businesses; however, due to Nature's Express' new managers' &/or owner's rigid, controlling, narrow-minded, & unreceptive (& likely angry) attitude & behavior, the numerous recent problems w/their food, & blocking customers from posting on their FB page, I highly recommend a boycott/no longer patronizing Nature's Express.  Although, Nature's Express have lost my business & I'm sure other patrons as well, I wish them well w/their restaurant.

          Susanne

          From: SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
          To: SFVeg@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 21:35:52 -0700