Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!

  • Joseph Cadiz
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2014

      Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

      -------- Original message --------
      From: Monica Ruck <monica.ruck@...>
      Date: 08/05/2014 8:55 AM (GMT-08:00)
      To: Monica Ruck <monica.ruck@...>
      Subject: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!

      Hi,

      I wanted to let you know about a National Day of Action in protest of Whole Foods selling rabbit meat. This event is happening across the nation, for more info and a list of cities that are participating visit:  www.facebook.com/events/1452420011684260/

      Please help us spread the word by sharing with your friends and on social media!

      Thank you!

      --
      I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something. So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever. ~Neil Gaiman
    • Dixie Mahy

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
          I have a tactical concern about this type of action.

          Markets like Whole Foods have been selling meat for a long time and they are rarely protested. When we protest the use of rabbits, dogs, or horses for meat (animals that are more likely to have people identify with them), without protesting all meat from all animals, it seems like we're effectively saying that, culturally speaking, this is the wrong meat to eat and that they should stick with the culturally-appropriate animals (cows, chickens, turkeys, fish, etc.) for their meat. I therefore think this kind of protest might be counterproductive.

          What do you think?

          Peace,
          Dan

          Eco-Eating
          www.brook.com/veg

          PROTEST WHOLE FOODS SELLING RABBIT MEAT
          > From: Monica Ruck <monica.ruck@...>
          > Subject: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!
          >
          > Hi,
          >
          > I wanted to let you know about a National Day of Action in
          protest
          > of Whole Foods selling rabbit meat. This event is happening
          across
          > the nation, for more info and a list of cities that are
          > participating visit: www.facebook.
          com/events/ 1452420011684260 /

          > Please help us spread the word by sharing with your friends
          and on
          > social media!
          >
          > Thank you!

        • meatfreeamerica
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
            You are so right Dan. We need a vegan movement that opposes the eating and use of ALL animals. It's time to speak up for the "culturally acceptable" animals to eat. www.WorldVeganSummit.com

            On Aug 7, 2014, at 9:42 AM, "Brook brook@... [SFVeg]" <SFVeg@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I have a tactical concern about this type of action.

            Markets like Whole Foods have been selling meat for a long time and they are rarely protested. When we protest the use of rabbits, dogs, or horses for meat (animals that are more likely to have people identify with them), without protesting all meat from all animals, it seems like we're effectively saying that, culturally speaking, this is the wrong meat to eat and that they should stick with the culturally-appropriate animals (cows, chickens, turkeys, fish, etc.) for their meat. I therefore think this kind of protest might be counterproductive.

            What do you think?

            Peace,
            Dan

            Eco-Eating
            www.brook.com/veg

            PROTEST WHOLE FOODS SELLING RABBIT MEAT
            > From: Monica Ruck <monica.ruck@...>
            > Subject: Protest Whole Foods: Stop Selling Rabbit Meat!
            >
            > Hi,
            >
            > I wanted to let you know about a National Day of Action in protest
            > of Whole Foods selling rabbit meat. This event is happening across
            > the nation, for more info and a list of cities that are
            > participating visit: www.facebook.

            com/events/ 1452420011684260 /

            > Please help us spread the word by sharing with your friends and on
            > social media!
            >
            > Thank you!

          • Vicky
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014

              I don't think its good to discourage those who want to protest by saying its unwise. The more we take stands the better it is. Contrary to what you say Dan; which I get, this may enlighten some folks.

              Vicky

              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android