Tue Dec 5 7pm Lecture & Book Signing for "Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching" Oakland

  • Scott Munson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      Tue Dec 5 7pm Lecture & Book Signing for "Bird Flu: A Virus of Our
      Own Hatching"
      http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/10/12/18319893.php

      East Bay Animal Advocates, Compassionate Cooks & San Francisco
      Vegetarian Society invite you:

      A Special Lecture & Book Signing by Michael Greger, M.D.

      Tuesday, December 5th at 7 p.m. Free Admission
      Humanist Hall, 390 27th Street, Oakland
      between Broadway and Telegraph, Just North of Grand Ave.

      Topic: "Surviving the Next Pandemic: Bird Flu and Other Emerging
      Infectious Diseases"

      Leading public health authorities now predict as inevitable a
      pandemic of influenza, triggered by bird flu and expected to lead to
      millions of deaths around the globe. The influenza virus has existed
      for millions of years as an innocuous intestinal virus of wild ducks.
      What turned a harmless waterborne duck virus into a killer? In an
      engaging multimedia presentation, Dr. Michael Greger traces the human
      role in the evolution of this virus. In the face of the coming
      pandemic, Dr. Greger reveals what we can do to protect our families
      and what human society to can do to reduce the likelihood of such
      potential catastrophes in the future.

      Michael Greger, M.D., is a physician, author, and internationally
      recognized professional speaker on a number of important public
      health issues. Dr. Greger has been invited to lecture at countless
      universities, medical schools and conferences around the world,
      including the Conference on World Affairs, the Bird Flu Summit, and
      the National Institutes of Health. Learn more at
      http://www.drgreger.org mirrored at http://veganmd.org

      Questions and RSVP's: Info @ EastBayAnimalAdvocates.org
      Sign up for Dr. Greger's free quarterly email newsletter.
      drgregersnewsletter-subscribe@...
      http://www.drgreger.org http://veganmd.org
      BEST NUTRITION LETTER I HAVE SEEN! ( I am open to others/ please send
      them to me...)
      http://www.drgreger.org/newsletters.html (Please see the archive here
      to save your life.)
      http://rawfamily.com Enjoy an organic green smoothie!
      (second best newsletter) Send me others if you'd like to share.