Menu! Wed. July 16 at 6 pm

  • archierieus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2014

      Look at this delicious menu for the vegan dinner at the Opera Plaza Community Room, this Wed. evening, June 16 at 6 pm!

      Mango Lemon Kale Salad

      Creamy Bean Dip with Raw Crackers

      Marinated Mini Heirloom Tomatoes with Garden Basil

      Roasted Samosas with homemade dipping sauce

      Cabbage Coconut Red Rice

      Spiced Summer Pear Cake

      Blackberry Splash Cooler and Herbal Tea Beverages

      It is ALL vegan and ALL health-supporting.  AND, delicious!  Imagine vegan cake made without sugar or oil, but so yummy!  Come and enjoy it.

      And, it is all you can eat.  Bring a container and take some home with you.

      After dinner, stay for an important presentation on a startling documentary expose reveals them.  Here is what the producer says about it:

      "We've heard for years about the dangers of eating too much fat or salt. But there have never been recommended limits for sugar on food labels, despite emerging research that suggests the sweet stuff may be making more of us fat and sick. In this documentary, we dig into the surprising science — and the reaction from the food industry — to reveal The secrets of sugar. Has the sugar industry been hiding an unsavoury truth from consumers?

      A small but influential group of medical researchers is stirring up the health debate, linking sugar not just to rising obesity rates but also to a host of diseases including cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer's.

      We put a family of four on a healthy diet to try to beat their sugar habit and track the surprising results. We talk to leading scientists -- and their critics. And we ask the food industry why those ingredient labels are far from clear when it comes to how much sugar is really on your plate."

      Don't miss this startling expose, Wed. July 16 at 6 pm, at the Opera Plaza Community Center, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco. Take the elevator to the first floor, then security will key you down to the mezzanine for the event.

      A fifteen dollar requested donation covers the all you can eat vegan dinner plus the presentation.  The nutritionist donates her time.  Funds go toward facility rental, food, transport and other costs.

      RSVP to (888) 234-1361 or email to:  rsvp@...

      Presented by Wellness Central

      David Koot

    • Susanne Gallo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2014
        Hi Dave,

        I hope you, Dave and Patricia are doing well.

        What is the name of the documentary about sugar?  I cannot attend your events due to my work schedule.

        Give my best wishes to Patricia.  See you at the SFVS festival in Oct.  Take good care of yourselves.

        Susanne

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2014
          Hi Suzanne,

          I will see if I can get you the info on it.  Thought we had your email but I couldnt find it.

          Thanks,
          Dave