Apricot & Pineapple Cake and More, and Dr Will Tuttle, Wed. June 18 at 6 pm

  • archierieus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2014
      Here is the menu for this week's vegan dinner at Opera Plaza, Wed. June 18 at 6 pm:

      Leafy Greens with Homestyle oil-free Herb Dressing
      Salad toppers including superfood sprinkles, sprouted sunflower seeds, tendercrisp probiotic red & green slaw
      Roasted Veggie Dip with Raw Crackers & Artisanal Flatbread
      Spanish Black Beans
      Red Rice & Quinoa Pilaf
      Seasonal Veggie Medley
      Apricot & Pineapple Cake

      Fresh Raspberry & Lime Punch and Herbal Tea Beverages

      Dinner is totally vegan and totally health-supporting, showcasing Dr. Tuttle's World Peace Diet.  And, it is all you can eat.  Bring a container and take some home with you.

      After dinner, stay for an important lecture by Dr. Will Tuttle, internationally-acclaimed author and vegan activist,  who has recently returned from a tour of Australia, New Zealand and other countries, will give a lecture entitled, “The Time is Now”

      He will also share with us about his experiences in promoting veganism and world peace in other countries.

      He is author of the upcoming book, "Circles of Compassion:  Connecting Issues of Justice."  Speaking about it, Dr. Tuttle says:

      "Too often, we fail to recognize how forms of violence and oppression are connected. If we’re able to see and understand these connections, we can better leverage our collective efforts to bring about positive transformative change. We’ve put together a book of essays from leading activists who work to end different forms of violence to help lead us to that path.This could be the push that we need to break out of our confining silos, to build bridges between movements, and to make the choices that will lead to a peaceful and just world for all."

      He will also have copies of  his internationally acclaimed, award-winning book, The World Peace Diet, available for signing and sale, as well as copies of his music CDs.  He is an accomplished pianist.

      His wife Madeleine is an acclaimed artist.  She will have some of her works on display at the event.

      It all happens Wed. June 18 at 6 pm, at the Opera Plaza Community Room, 601 Van Ness, San Francisco.  Take the elevator to the first floor, then Security will key you down to the mezzanine for the event.

      A fifteen dollar requested donation covers the all you eat dinner plus Dr. Tuttle's lecture.  The Nutritionist, and Dr. Tuttle, are donating their time.  Funds to toward facility rental, food, transport and other costs.

      RSVP to (888) 234-1361 or email to:  rsvp@...

      Presented by Wellness Central

      David Koot

    • Dr. Will Tuttle