$2 for SFVS POTLUCK

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2014
      Hello Friends

      There seems to be a complaint that SFVS is charging $2 w/vegan food & $12 w/o food for its potluck this Saturday, March 22 at Cyprian's Arc, 2097 Turk Street, SF, 6:30 p.m.

      FYI: It costs money to rent the space, $75, plus cost of eco-paper plates & napkins, and biodegradable-utensils.
      Even at $2 per person, we don't break even unless we get enough attendees.
      I personally have been bringing extra food & juice for 45 years and do not get reimbursed  so as not take money away from SFVS.

      Although we are non-paid officers who donate our time and even money to sustain SFVS, we still need to pay rent and incidentals.

      Also, FYI: It costs money for SFVS to participate in all the various Earth Days, Health Fairs, and Special Events, like Green Festival.
      We offer a very low membership fee which does not cover the expenses of running the society.
      To help pay for our outreach fees and printed educational materials, we do fundraisers to help defray those costs.
      It costs around $35,000 to $45,000 to present WORLD VEG FESTIVAL.

      We appreciate everyone who comes to support our events.

      SFVS POTLUCK, Saturday, March 22, 6:30 p.m. & Lecture 7:30 p.m.

      “Kickstart Your Health” Talk by Kerri Zemko, RN, OCN

      Cyprian’s Arc, 2097 Turk Street at Lyon Street, San Francisco

      MUNI: #31 Balboa stops on corner of Turk & Lyon.  #5 Fulton stops at Lyon, 2 blocks up to Turk.

      $2 with food enough to serve 10 persons; $12 without food.  Vegan dishes preferred.
      Kerri Zemko, RN, OCN, is an instructor of PCRM’S Food for Life program & an independent nutrition consultant.  She is concerned that the majority of American children and adults are on the path of diabesity, dying from preventable diseases, feeling bad about themselves, and having no idea what to do about it.  She is a stickler for good science and for treating ourselves with love and respect.  Kerri works to connect people with the right information to live their best, healthiest longest lives.  She can’t wait to see the day when Lifestyle Medicine is synonymous with primary care.  Her talk will be helpful for those just starting a healthy vegan diet as well as seasoned vegans.
      Contact e-address: Vital Veg vitalitythroughvegetables@...

      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society

    • hammsf

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2014
          My dear friends. .
          Let us chanel our energies toward bigger and more life altering changes, perhaps,  instead of debating a 2 dollar charge, in an all vegan venue, shall we?...lol..
                Veganly yours...Vanda
          "The animals are my friends,  and I do not eat my friends."

          Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2014
            Hi Dixie & SFVS Friends,

            Dixie, I agree w/your informative response below.  You are an amazing and dedicated president and vegan & animal rights' advocate who has donated an inordinate amount of your precious time, energy, resources, and money to our wonderful vegetarian organization.

            I am honored to be a member of the SFVS and would like to show my appreciation and support for our other wonderful, hard-working leaders (officers and board members) and volunteers of our terrific organization.

            With respect and peace,
            Susanne