Vegetarian Cooking Class: Thanksgiving for the Birds!

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2006
      VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS: THANKSGIVING FOR THE BIRDS
      Join Compassionate Cooks (http://www.compassionatecooks.com) as we feature a cornucopia of delicious dishes that will impress friends and family members alike while showing reverence to the 300 million turkeys killed each year (45 million of which are killed for Thanksgiving alone). Gorgeous, seasonal vegetables are on the menu for our special Thanksgiving class. Bring a friend, and come hungry! We use sustainable, seasonal, local, mostly organic ingredients.

      Join us as we cook up:

      *Beautiful Butternut Squash & Rice Timbales
      *Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic (non-dairy) Butter
      *Mashed Yukon Gold & Sweet Potatoes
      *Gorgeous Golden Gravy
      *Perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake
      *BONUS RECIPE: HOT MULLED CIDER
      WHEN: Saturday, November 11th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. DIRECTIONS: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm
      COST: $50, plus $5 food/materials fee due on day of class
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online or mail a check to Compassionate Cooks P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619. You can also sign up for a cooking series. Check out our packages at http://www.compassionatecooks.com/deals.htm.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Friday November 10th
      WHAT TO EXPECT: In our monthly demonstration cooking classes, we feature uncomplicated recipes, debunk myths regarding plant-based eating, eat yummy food samples, and have a lot of fun! We provide students with copies of the featured recipes, coupons for local groceries and restaurants, and a bevy of resources on nutrition, cooking tips, and more!
      THANKS TO: IN DEFENSE OF ANIMALS AND HOUSE OF PRODUCE FOR THEIR SUPPORT!

      WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
      "Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family here next time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come back."

      "I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touch with KQED!"

      "Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients outside of my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in such an enthusiastic way."

      "I am an official groupie! You're so fabulous! It's so nice to be able to go to a cooking class and learn so much about health and compassion as well as learning amazing recipes. And you make the adventure fun and exciting!"

      "How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best I've ever had. Thanks so much!"

      "You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your enthusiasm and will be looking for the TV show!"

      "Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious. Thanks."

      "Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imagine missing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for vegan food -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm so glad I found out about these classes!"

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, nutrition workshops, farm animal sanctuary tours, and cooking DVDs.

      "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."