SCCAA Presents: Speciesism: The Movie FREE!

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2014
      Warning! This film could change your life forever.

      February 27th 7PM Bluelight Cinema 21275 Stevens Creek Blvd  http://goo.gl/maps/WeWdW

      Modern farms are struggling to keep a secret. Most of the animals used for food in the United States are raised in giant, bizarre factories, hidden deep in remote areas of the countryside. Speciesism: The Movie director Mark Devries set out to investigate. The documentary takes viewers on a sometimes funny, sometimes frightening adventure, crawling through the bushes that hide these factories, flying in airplanes above their toxic “manure lagoons,” and coming face-to-face with their owners.

      But this is just the beginning. In 1975, a young writer published a book arguing that no justifications exist for considering humans more important than members of other species. It slowly began to gain attention. Today, a quickly growing number of prominent individuals and political activists are adopting its conclusions. They have termed the assumption of human superiority speciesism. And, as a result, they rank these animal factories among the greatest evils in our history. Speciesism: The Movie brings viewers face-to-face with the leaders of this developing movement, and, for the first time ever on film, fully examines the purpose of what they are setting out to do.

      This is a free event! Bring a friend! Donations Welcomed

      RSVP @ rsvp@activistsforanimals.org 408.355.0436
      Raffle: Dinner for 2 at Merit Vegetarian Restaurant

      “When I entered the theater to see Mark Devries’s film Speciesism: The Movie I was a speciesist. When I came out I could no longer justify the treatment of animals with any rational arguments because they were all demolished in this brilliant and compelling film. The intellectual debate over speciesism is now over. … It’s the best of the animal rights documentaries.”
      – Michael Shermer, publisher of Skeptic magazine, monthly columnist for Scientific American, adjunct professor Chapman University, and author of Why Darwin Matters

    • Vicky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2014

        Can someone bring this film to SF and/or Marin.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2014
          Will the film, Specieism be available in Oakland or Berkeley?  Sounds like a powerful film!

          Susanne