SF Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant!

  • write2robinram
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2006
      Greetings,

      I work on Montgomery Street and am always looking out for vegetarian
      options available within a 1/2 mile radius. I wanted to
      share/remind the group of the "only" pure vegetarian chinese
      restaurant in China Town (SF):

      Lucky's Creation Vegetarian Restaurant
      854 Washington Street
      San Francisco, CA 94108
      Ph (415) 989-0818

      They are open every day of the week except on Wednesdays.

      Their curry chicken w/vegetables, and almond chicken are the best!
      Of course these are imitation chicken meat, and fully vegetarian.
      You could really fool a non-vegetarian with this stuff, because the
      texture and taste is meaty. Their menu is full of nice vegetarian
      options. They have killer spring rolls, and the pastry is egg-
      free!

      I recommend this place to everyone. The food is good but the
      restaurant is rather simple, like a hole in the wall :-) I don't
      mean to be demeaning.. but the restaurant is not esthetically
      pleasing. During lunch time the staff are running around like mad,
      and though they have best intentions they can come across as rushing
      you to order quickly so that they can rush the next customer in
      line. Really though, the food is good and that's why the restaurant
      fills up quickly. Once the staff there gets to know you, you will
      find them to be very nice.

      Try em', I think you'll like em' too!

      Enjoy,

      Robin Ram