Just Mayo now available

  • muddbutter
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2013

      Hey everyone,

      Great news! Hampton Creek’s “Just Mayo” is now on the shelves at Whole Foods across the Bay Area! “Just Mayo” is not only vegan, it’s striving to eventually replace all egg-based mayo in the marketplace. That’s millions of hens (and their brothers) who’ll never know the abuse of the factory farming industries.

      Oh yeah, it’s pretty darn delicious too. “Just Mayo” is located in the refrigerated section of Whole Foods. Hope folks can give it a try!

      Kristie

    • Yale Rosenblatt
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
        I went to the website for Hampton Creek (hamptoncreekfoods.com) to find out exactly what ingredients are in this new vegan mayo they are making and could not find any information at all.

        I am a consumer and  a lover of Follow Your Heart's vegan mayo call Vegenaise. For those of you who haven't tried it, the company just came out a few months ago with a new recipe for it and my entire family thinks the new Follow Your Heart Vegenaise actually tastes like real mayonnaise. In fact the product of theirs that we liked the best was their Reduced fat version. It's vegan, gluten-free and non-gmo.

        I think that Hampton Foods is going to find it an uphill battle to take market share away from the already existing Veganiase.

        Yale

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2013

          Hi Yale,

          I’m also a huge fan of Vegenaise! I’ve loved their products for years and definitely recommend it to my friends.

          Just Mayo isn’t looking to compete with Vegenaise – it’s looking to move buyers away from egg-based mayo. Here are the ingredients for both Vegenaise and Just Mayo (both are non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and of course, vegan):

          Just Mayo: Canola oil, filtered Water, lemon Juice, white vinegar, 2% or less: organic sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, pea protein, spices, garlic modified food starch, beta-carotene

          Original Vegenaise: Canola oil, filtered water, brown rice syrup, apple cider vinegar, soy protein, sea salt, mustard flow, lemon juice concentrate

          One difference of the companies is that Follow Your Heart uses dairy in some products while Hampton Creek is exclusively vegan.

          All the best,

          Kristie

          ---In sfveg@yahoogroups.com, <yalechase@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Thoi Pham