2 Millenniium Chef doing a fundraiser - Food for Thought

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013

      Dear Ann,
      We look forward to seeing you on October 10th at BCAction's Action Speaks Louder Than Pink - Food for Thought event. Tickets are going fast so if you haven't yet purchased your ticket, what are you waiting for?!
      Thursday, October 10, 2013
      6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
      SF80 - 80 Missouri Street, San Francisco, CA
      (wheelchair accessible)

      $125 per person
      $1,000 for table of 8
      Bring your friends and contact us about being a table host.

      We’re excited to share a sneak peak of our amazing menu:
      • 1st course: Crimson Quinoa and Avocado Tower
        Chef Charlie Ayers, Calafia

      • 2nd course: Parsnip & Lemongrass Bisque with apple relish, Asian aromatics, tea glazed miatake mushroom - Chef Eric Tucker, Millennium

      • 3rd course: Rolled Chicken paired with smoked squash puree, fingerling potatoes, fried brussel sprouts - Chef Chris Johnson, Haven

      • 3rd course vegetarian option: Chard stuffed Pastry Roulade with smoked sweet pepper coulis, shelling bean and corn hash, red wine – black olive tapenade
        - Chef Eric Tucker, Millennium

      • 4th course: Vanilla Bean and Pear Shortbread with cinnamon glaze, brown sugar crème fraiche, roasted plum
        - Chefs Sascha Weiss and Susanne Stampke, The Plant Café Organic.
      And, you’ll enjoy small bites at the cocktail hour prepared by returning chefs from the Hillside Supperclub while you peruse the silent auction.
      Enjoy this delicious four course meal, a full no host bar, live music, silent auction and great company. Celebrated food writer, Marcia Gagliardi of tablehopper.com will emcee the evening guiding us through the meal and thought provoking program highlighting our award-winning campaign, Think Before You Pink®. We promise, you’ll never see a pink ribbon the same way again.
      Join me and the fantastic BCAction community on Thursday, October 10th to Think Before You Pink®. You'll leave satiated--body and mind.

      Cheers,

      Karuna Jaggar
      Executive Director, Breast Cancer Action

      P.S. If You can't join us on October 10th, I hope you'll consider making a fully tax-deductible donation.

      Special thank you to our event sponsors:

      And many thanks to our in-kind donors:

      California Culinary Academy
      Greenpostcards
      Green Leaf
      Happy Boy Farms
      King of Mushrooms
      Mariquita Farm

      Breast Cancer Action | 55 New Montgomery St. #323 | San Francisco, CA 94105
      Toll-free at 877-2STOPBC (278-6722) | www.bcaction.org | www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org
      Click here to unsubscribe

    • Rose Aguilar
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2013
        I'm a huge fan of Breast Cancer Action, but what are they thinking by serving chicken!? This is one of the few breast cancer organizations focusing on prevention!!

        ~Rose