Fwd: DoctorKlaper.com: Medicine Capsule #2

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2013
      MEDICINE CAPSULE
      From: Doctor Michael Klaper <healthy-news@...>
      Subject: DoctorKlaper.com: Medicine Capsule #2

      September 7, 2013 - Issue #2

      Doctor Klaper's Medicine Capsule - "Easy to Swallow" Health News for YOU This is Dr. Michael Klaper's e-mail newsletter with news, thoughts, and opinions about health and well being.

      Dear Friends,

      1)  FOOD REVOLUTION:

      In the first issue of my newsletter in April, I wrote about the Food Revolution Summit for which John Robbins interviewed 24 of the world's top food experts and activists for a weeklong event on the Internet. The event was a great success with more than 72,000 participants!

      You can listen to my 40-minute conversation with John Robbins at the Food Revolution Summit 2013:

           http://DoctorKlaper.com/food-revolution-summit.html

      2)  DAIRY PRODUCTS:

      I'm often asked for my thoughts and opinions about human consumption of dairy products.  In response, I've posted a new article to my web site, This Doctor's Take On Dairy:

           http://DoctorKlaper.com/answers11.html

      Much of my growing up occurred on a dairy farm in Wisconsin. I used to think milk, cheese, ice cream, and yogurt were good for us. Not now! In my article, This Doctor's Take On Dairy, I explain why, if you're trying to create a lean, healthy body, drinking milk (baby calf growth fluid) will NOT "do a body good."  I also de-bunk the myth that osteoporosis is a disease of calcium deficiency.

      3)  RADIO APPEARANCE:

      The Dr. Don Radio Show, a weekday talk radio program, bridges the gap between conventional medicine and lifestyle approaches to health and wellness.

      Listen to my 40-minute appearance (aired May 23, 2013) from a new page in my web site:

           http://DoctorKlaper.com/dr-don-radio-2013.html

      4)  NUTRITION NEWS:

      a) Richard Schwartz, Ph.D. has written an excellent article (posted to my web site with his permission) that spells out why a major societal shift to plant-based diets is essential to avoid impending climate, environmental, food, energy, and water crises. Schwartz writes, "there is no more powerful environmental action that any individual can take than adopting a plant-based diet."

           http://DoctorKlaper.com/answers12.html

      b) The following headline and accompanying article warmed the heart of this nutrition-based doctor!

           "NYC Doctors Are Now Prescribing Fruits And Veggies" - http://n.pr/1696q0Y

      The Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program (mentioned in the article above) fosters innovative partnerships between healthcare and community food providers to make a direct connection between increased consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables and improved health among vulnerable community members. See:  http://wholesomewave.org/fvrx/

      c) Yes! Magazine published an excellent article about Ron Finley, a man who plants vegetable gardens in South Central LA. Finley says, "the drive-thrus are killing more people than the drive-bys." See:  http://bit.ly/18PJ8mO

      Ron Finley says, "Gardening is gangsta because it empowers, it changes, it uplifts, it creates life, it creates community, it builds… Gardening is the most therapeutic and defiant act you can do, especially in the inner city. Plus, you get strawberries."

      Finley adds, "I want to see people empowering themselves with sustainable food, sustainable lives, and being able to live free - where they don't have to be supported or expect somebody else to support them."

      5)  EVENTS:

      Several new speaking engagements have been added to the Events page of my web site:

           http://DoctorKlaper.com/events.html

      NOTE: Stay tuned for a big announcement in my next e-mail newsletter about an event to be held next year…

      Please help make this a kinder, saner, healthier world for ALL who live on this beautiful planet.

      Be Happy – Stay Healthy,

      Dr. Michael Klaper

      Website: DoctorKlaper.com

      Recycle: Please share this newsletter with your friends, colleagues, and loved ones.