5 corporations vs 5,000 people

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2013
      FIVE CORPORATIONS against GMO INITIATIVE in Washington
      From: CA Right to Know <info@...>
      Subject: 5 corporations vs 5,000 people

      Dixie Mahy --

      It's happening again--the windfall of cash from junk food and chemical companies is pouring money into Washington against I-522. The Grocery Manufacturers Association is now at a total of $2.2 million, more than they spent against Prop 37. For now, it's a horse race, with each side raising approximately $3.26 million.

      But it won't stay that way for long.

      On the front lines, the Washington campaign is doing everything they can. Yes on 522 is truly people powered with over 5,000 donors, 90% of whom live in Washington. Thursday at 7PM PST they will kick off phone banking with thousands of supporters calling thousands of targeted voters.

      Now is a key time for the Yes on 522 campaign to do voter outreach before they've heard from the Monsanto, Dow, and Dupont backed "vote no" campaign. We must reach key voter constituancy groups to lock down their support before our opponents have a chance to confuse them.

      Please join us for 30 minutes on Thursday for a training call on how you can start talking to voters in Washington right now.

      Yes on 522 Volunteer Phonebank Training

      When: Thursday, August 29th at 7pm PST
      (and every following Thursday, if you can't make the first training)

      Where: In the comfort of your own home

      These trainings are really important for anyone who wants to volunteer and talk to voters in Washington. Whether you'll be calling in from out-of-state or will join us at one of our phonebank centers, communicating the right message to voters and knowing how to respond to questions is important.

      Thank you for everything you do.

      CA Right to Know
      http://www.carighttoknow.org/