flavorings from Beavers! -not labeled - Castoreum, no joke

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12 9:36 PM
      Vanilla is actually the most common flavor they use it in but they also put it in Strawberry and Raspberry flavored 'food products'. You've probably eaten Beaver anal glands without even knowing it since the FDA and their corporate owners call it 'natural flavoring'. Oh and just so you know.. Castoreum is also used to contribute to the flavor and odor of cigarettes.

      Definition of CASTOREUM: a bitter strong-smelling creamy orange-brown substance that consists of the dried perineal glands of the beaver and their secretion. It is used in food, beverages, cosmetics, perfumes, etc.

      More info: http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20588763_11,00.html

      The Mind Unleashed
      www.TheMindUnleashed.org

      sign, Sunny
      SIGNATURE:
       Human hunger: Did you know..."More than 90% of soybeans, 80% of corn and 70% of grain grown in the US goes to feed livestock! 800 million more people could be fed if the grain fed to livestock was used to feed people." (David Pimentel, Professor of Entomology, Cornell University.)
      *********
      we lost to Monsanto and Dupont, but we are going to get smarter in getting rid of of u in our bodies
      ==
      farm fishing is bad in many ways
      http://www.salmonaid.org/index.php/education/why-eat-wild-salmon.html
      and there's not enough wild salmon or fish to go around....in 10 years!