Another call to Boxer urgently needed

  • Kristie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 10:26 AM
      Bay Area friends, I know I asked for help earlier this week in defeating the dangerous King Amendment to the Farm Bill (http://bit.ly/HelpAnimalsToday)--thanks so much to all of you who made a call! Could you take 1 minute to call Barbara Boxer's Bay Area office to ask that she work to remove the King Amendment from the Farm Bill? Better yet, if you're close, stop by her office. I'm planning to this afternoon. 70 Washington Street, Suite 203, Oakland, CA 94607. Here's her number: (510) 286-8537. You can just say, "Hi, I'm ___. I'm a constituent. I'm very concerned that an amendment introduced by Iowa Rep. Steve King will be very harmful for animals and nullify Prop 2 we passed here in California in 2008 to protect farm animals. It will also threaten dozens of other state laws protecting animals and food safety. I'm calling to encourage Sen. Boxer to do all that she can to ensure that the King Amendment is stripped from the Farm Bill."

      If you're outside of the Bay Area, you can find her other district office numbers here: http://www.boxer.senate.gov/en/contact/offices/.

      And spread the word. Thanks so much!